[Cube] Netgear not neatgear

Helen Lowe helenjlowe at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 10:49:17 PDT 2005

I have been using a Netgear Router, ethernet cable to Cube and wireless to
iBook. All OK until a week ago, when the internet connection went down. The
networking still works.

After much time and angst spent following various instructions in the Manual
and on the Netgear website, I gave up and rang customer support.

I was told to download a "Recover utility" and a firmware upgrade, which I
did - only to find these are Windows applications - in spite of the fact
that I'd told them I was Mac-only.

Back to the support line - and - you've guessed it - they don't do the
upgrades for Mac.

So be warned, don't go wireless with Netgear!

Helen Lowe