[Cube] OS 9 installer can't see Cube disk (formatted for Panther)

Andrew andrewaa at comcast.net
Wed Mar 15 16:53:41 PST 2006

I wanted to install Classic on my Cube running Panther (10.3.9) but the
OS 9.2.1  system disk that works with my Pismo (running Tiger 10.4.5)
can't see the Cube hard drive.

The cube will boot to the CD and the installer runs fine but when you
get to the point where you select the hard drive to install to there
are no drives to select.

I'm guessing that since I formatted the drive when I installed Panther
it's a format that OS 9  can't read.

"Get Info" reports that it's "Mac OS Extended (journaled) which is the
same as the Pismo.
System Profiler shows both Cube and Pismo as "File System: Journaled
HFS+"

What am I missing?
Is it too late to install Classic?

Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?