[Cube] Re: Faulty optical drive

Seth Maynard sethwm2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 07:34:54 PDT 2006

On 9/5/06, haugwarb at nt.ntnu.no <haugwarb at nt.ntnu.no> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been running my old G4 Cube for years without trouble, except that
> the DVD player sometimes gets stucked in the middle of a movie. This
> happens at the same location every time, and the failure has quite
> persistently survived all software upgrades up version 10.4 (which
> rules out any driver problems I believe). Playing the same DVD on a
> PowerBook G4 works fine, so the problem must be due to the CD-drive
> itself. Is there any chance I can get hold of replacement drive or
> maybe a third party drive that will work? I mean without spending
> another $1000?
>
> Tore Haug-Warberg
>

> --
>

> --

You might want to try anouther CD in the drive becuase the cube drive
might be more sensitive to a certain kind of disk. Try that. Also it
is very inexpensive to get them from ebay or... OWC other world
computing...
--
Seth Maynard
Sethwm2 at gmail.com
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the
recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all
copies of this message. Also, email is susceptible to data
corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and
viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are
not liable for any such corruption, interception, tampering,
amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.
-----
Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.
http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=c2V0aHdtMjM1MTY%3D