[Cube] Cube power supply failure

Andrew andrewaa at comcast.net
Sat Sep 23 19:47:58 PDT 2006

> Try www.mac-pro.com.  That's where I bought my new Cube power supply
> when it fried.

Was that the 65 watt supply that is on their page?
The low power supply will run a cube but not a cube and and LCD display.

I suppose it would be a good idea to measure the voltages of the stock
cube power supply so you could build one from scratch if you had to...

Andrew in Ann Arbor
planning way ahead.....
technology is the answer, what was the question?

On a related  subject does running an LCD display from the cube make
the cube run hotter?
If the power board in the cube has to step the voltage up or down I
would expect it to run hotter with a larger load.
If the display is powered directly from the outside power supply (same
voltage into and out of the cube) then I wouldn't expect the cube to
run any hotter although the external power supply might run hotter.