[Cube] Monitors...

John H. Lincoln jhlincoln at mac.com
Tue Apr 17 05:56:26 PDT 2007

Here's how I've managed to max out my own, 6-year-old Cube.....

1) CPU:
PowerLogix 1.5 Gigahertz (GHz) Dual Processor PowerForce G4 7447A
processor upgrade card

2) Memory:
1.5 GB RAM

3) Video Card:
ATI Radeon 7500

4) Display:
23" Apple Cinema Display (Acrylic; 1920 x 1200). To keep this large
display powered, without taxing the Cube's Voltage Regulator Card, I
found a work-around. To the Cube's ADC connector, I have attached a
ADC-to-DVI adapter (which has its own power supply). And to this, I
have connected a DVI-to-ADC adapter. The 23-inch Cinema Display
connects to this.

5) Hard Drive
No internal Hard Drive.

6) FireWire Bus -- External Hard Drive:
400 GB Seagate Barracuda. This Ultra ATA/100 drive is partitioned
into three volumes: the boot volume is 127 GB in size; plus two data
volumes. This is consistent with Apple's guidelines on using large
ATA Drives <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=86178>.

The result is a Cube which is big, quiet, fast, and -- most important
-- cool-running.

John H. Lincoln
Digital Media Designer
Fornalutx, Mallorca, Spain