[Cube] Thinking about a upgrade

Kim David McNeill Simmons ksphoto1 at one.net
Sun Feb 4 09:38:13 PST 2007

My Cube's CPU is a stock 450mhz. I have had very poor luck with
upgrading cpu's ever since they became available for Mac's. After a
while it has become more of a reality check. Yes we can upgrade, but
should we? The system bus is still going to be what it is so no
matter how fast we upgrade the CPU to be we are still trying to
channel all that speed thru the slower buss.
	Long term, it is far better to buy a new or refurbished computer
when we need the speed. We do not need speed for word processing,
internet or email, so keeping my Cube's CPU stock makes sense, at
least for me.

My Cube is going to stay as she is for a long time, chances are she
will continue running long after we have multi ghz machines available
out there. She might be slow but she is very dependable and running
the latest OS software she can run.

Kim Simmons