[Cube] RAM questions part deux.

Francois franc-b at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 2 22:36:09 PST 2007

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:02:57 -0500
> From: "Andrew Strouse" <kittstr at earthlink.net>
> Subject: [Cube] Total Cube Newbie!
> To: <cube at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> Hi all.  I found a mac g4 cube sitting by the side of the road (in
> the trash).  I have been out of the "mac loop" for 10-15 years (my
> last mac was a mac classic) but it looked so pathetic sitting there
> so I picked it up.  When I got it home I plugged my usb keyboard
> and usb mouse in and my vga display.  Then I touched the power
> button and the little bugger roared to life.  Then it just sat
> there with a big gray apple on a white screen with a little
> swirling pinwheel thing.  When I googled this, it said to reboot
> with command-v to get to the boot messages and it stops dead after
> it says:
>
> /etc/rc: line 283:  147 Hangup        SystemStarter -gr $
> {VerboseFlag} ${SafeBoot}
>
> So, my question is what does this mean and how can I fix it?  I
> don't have any disks or manuals, etc.  Should I go out and buy OS X
> and reinstall?  Is there something simple I can try first?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
>
> Andrew Strouse
> ( kittstr at kittstr.com )

Any news on your Cube?

Francois

RAM question: i recently inherited RAM from a graphite iMac, it works
in my cube, and i notice in the system profiler, that the new ram is
133 mhz, and my old ram is 100 mhz! will this cause problems or will
my amazingly genius operating system be able to handle that? im
guessing if possible all my ram is running at 100 mhz.
here's the text form the system profiler.

DIMMB/J7:
   Size:	512 MB
   Type:	SDRAM
   Speed:	PC133-333