[Cube] New (to me) Cube Locks Up

TLanden tlanden at mac.com
Wed Jul 18 18:41:06 PDT 2007

I would first try to set the sleep to never ... Only allow the screen
to sleep.  I gave my father the Cube five or six years ago (when I
purchase a G4 desktop) and a couple of years ago it started freezing
on him. I gave him an extra G4 Mac Mini and I took the Cube back. At
my home office I installed OS X Server on it and host a few web pages
off of it.  It locked up until I turned all the sleep functions off.
It has been functioning flawlessly as a web server for two years.

I did not search any farther for a cure to the freezing, because it
has been running longer than I ever thought it would last.  It even
survived a lightning strike at my fathers that took out everything
else around the computer (including the internal modem on the Cube,
one USB port, and one Firewire port)  It is hard to believe it has
been on for almost seven years, with maybe a reboot every few months.

Good luck!!!