[Cube] RE: Wireless Cable Modem

Francois Barbary franc-b at shaw.ca
Thu May 3 22:59:53 PDT 2007

Hi Dave,
I have a Cube, mini a TiBook, and a XP box, all being served by a
(now 3 year old) linksys wireless router. It is very vast, Secure and
easy to set up. It is not a cable modem however, but I have my cable
modem and router in the same room sitting literally ontop of
eachother near the center of my house, in a closet more or less. Most
cable companies offer free or discounted cable modems, heck, cable
modems are even showing up at thrift stores for 5 bucks!
good luck, the macs are very easy to setup to use with ANY wireless
provider, the XP, once you figure out how to configure it is also
very good. The XP has a D-Link Wireless network card, and it
interfaces nicely with the linksys.
D-Link and Linksys are my two favorites, but I really think theyre
all the same really when it comes down to it... after-all that's why
there's a standard issued by the IEEE
the only difference is price, looks, warranty, and support.

-Francois