[Cube] Cube Digest, Vol 58, Issue 2

Gary Lauterback garylauterback at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 18 12:28:41 PST 2009

On Dec 18, 2009, at 12:00 PM, cube-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Is there any issue with the Cube, running Tiger 10.4.11, and the latest
> Airport Extremes? Everytime I try to connect, it give an error from the
> cube..but wont specify what it is..all other macs and pc's in house work
> fine to this airport extreme....
>
> I wasn't sure if i needed to load some updated software....I have the
> airport card installed in the cube..standard, stock model that fits it...
>

> Robbie

Robbie, assuming you have the original AirPort Card installed in the Cube,
it is an 80211/b device.  The AirPort Extreme can be set to read 80211/b signals or not.

Get someone with an 80211/e device to look into the Extreme and determine it's settings.

Also, make sure YOUR airport card is plugged in and its antenna connection too.