[Cube] You're not going to believe this...

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Wed Mar 4 00:35:31 PST 2009

Hello George (and others),

in my cube I had the GeForce 2 (or 4?) MX with Twin View too.

I recommend caution:
My card became very, very hot, it really came to a frozen screen.
After cooling down everything worked well.

Finally I decided to use this card only with a
very small (and quiet!) fan. But that meant to
remove the interior metall hood from the cubeŠ

I heard and read later, that this passive card needs some cooling although.
In its normal surroundings, the interior of a
G4-tower, there's enough air circulation, but not
at this place in a cube.

At least I would suggest to run the cube with the
card for a while with active graphic tasks (for
example several runs of Xbench) and take it apart
very fast and feel how hot the heat sink has
become.

Best regards
Stefan