[Cube] FireWire 400/800 Cable ... and Millions of Colours question

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Mon Mar 16 02:38:48 PDT 2009

Hi Stefan,

I honestly apreciate your opinion. There's not a straight answer for why
it must be an iMac, but let's ratter say that the 20-inch iMac is the
Apple model I can afford right now, and to tell the truth, the only
machine that — decorately speaking — combines my living room
desk/working space. I really get paralized each time I see one of these
silver beauties in stores. It's definetely the most beautiful machine
Apple has to offer right now and IMMO the most well designed iMac Apple
ever did.

Nevertheless, with all the advices about dying Displays/Logic Boards, I
am considering the 24-inch instead. I never liked the Mac mini and the
display I woul ever buy — the 24-inch DELL one — is too much expensive
here in Portugal.

I am also at the point of giving up and letting my Cube rule a little
longer, even having to wait on and on each time I plug my USB2 4GB Micro
Vault to tranfer data. It's a shame market won't offer similar
capacities FW400 options. Well, now that Apple is moving forward to
FW800 only, FW400 will die pretty soon. Technology doesn't care about
your feelings...

Best,
LM