[DigiCam] Fw: [DigiCam] Re: infinite loop

Jill Whenmouth jillwhenmouth at mac.com
Mon Aug 2 15:33:29 PDT 2004

Mary,

What was going  was a loop caused by a message going out from the list
(someone raised a question or made a comment as usual) to a subscriber who
had an automatic response going (saying his mailbox was no longer in use,
please send mail elsewhere) which response, of course, was seen by the list
as a further participation in the discussion and so was sent back to
everyone on the list including this guy whose auto response responded with
"my mailbox is no longer in use," etc etc etc etc... to the count of 796
messages, at least!

It has stopped.

I sent the fellow an email suggesting he shut off his auto response and
unsubscribe that defunct address. Five minutes later, it stopped. But, I
didn't hear back from him, so maybe the list mom pulled the plug on him.

Seems like the coast is clear again.  Whew!

Jill