[DigiCam] Re: advice? 4-5 megapixel choices

Bob K itheshopper at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 13 06:17:04 PST 2004

Take a good hard look at the newest Nikon Coolpix camera, the Coolpix
8700.
It seems the like the dream camera, short of being an SLR.

If you do have an "old" SLR regular film camera, and a lens or two (or
more)
with it, at least two brands, Nikon and Canon has broken through the
$1000
barrier for digital camera 'body only':  The Canon digital Rebel (list
$899)
and the Nikon D70 (brand new @ $999, OK, $1,000).  They are compatible
with
(some of) the 'old' lenses.