[DigiCam] Re: ISO for 'auto' setting in misc. cameras?

Tom Nugent Jr tomsubs at contracheck.com
Thu Mar 18 11:15:41 PST 2004

At 8:43 AM +0100 3/18/04, Tony Ramsey wrote:
>You might like to look at the Minolta A-1 or A-2.  The A-1 is being
>discounted pretty heavily right now.   It features  5 Mpixels and a
>28 - 200 equiv lens.

I'll look into it.  Are you happy with the image quality?  It feels
like I'm happier with the images from my old Nikon CP 950 than I am
from the newer Minolta Z1.  The Nikon's images are less noisy, and it
gets the colors right.

>The one problem with the Nikons is the problem with reds.   In fact
>I was warned off the Nikon 995 by a US dealer.

Really?  In the pictures I've taken, my baby's skin looks
ridiculously red on the Minolta shots (even though all other colors
look fine), whereas the Nikon (950) shots have much better colors,
including the reds.

  -- Tom