[Duo2400] Re: OT - not only English

Andrew W. Hill jessicat at jmug.org
Thu Dec 12 21:35:39 PST 2002

>OK, I'm going away now. Really going away. I'll be in Japan this
>weekend, seeing
>how much more of that language I can absorb.

I think Japanese is the most elegant language in the world.  It has
form and structure, so everything is precise with a relatively low
amount of ambiguity, yet it has feeling and emotion that English just
can't match.  I'm not really qualified to make the "most" part.  My
French is limited to buying fruit, and my Spanish is limited to
things that would get me punched out at a party.  It's more elegant
than English, though.  IMAO...
This is reflected in the 2400, I feel.  The 2400 has a certain
elegance to it.  Its functional, with all the features and a small
footprint, yet in making it small they didn't throw out the beauty of
it (like some of the Vaios).
Sort of on topic I guess
Aqua
--
Fade far away, dissolve, and quite forget
What thou among the leaves hast never known,