[Duo2400] PNY Smartmedia reader

Jose A. Alvarez Dios jaaldios at jazzfree.com
Sat Dec 28 08:45:58 PST 2002

>Guys,
>Just got a PCMCIA smartmedia reader for Xmas.  its the 4-in-1
>variety, made by PNY.  Says itll work in all PCMCIA capable laptops,
>printers and projectors.
>Plug it into my Cardbussed 2400/180 80/4 and it crashes.  If I boot
>with it in it ejects.  I've tried it with the SM card inserted when
>I plugged in the PC card and the other way around as well.
>Ideas?
>Aqua

FWIW, I got a PCMCIA SmartMedia card reader from MCE some time ago
that worked just fine in my Cardbussed 2400c. I don't have it anymore
as I switched to a Canon Powershot and Compact Flash, but I seem to
recall Kevin said the make was Peripheral Enhancements or something
similar.

Happy Holidays everyone,

--

Jose Antonio Alvarez Dios

e-mail addresses: jaaldios at usc.es, jaaldios at jazzfree.com
e-fax number (in the USA, handles voicemail too) 1 (419) 828-9794
fax number (in Spain) 34981597054