Green Led of death... help

Stefan Viterstedt stefan at moerker.com
Sun Aug 17 18:13:43 PDT 2003

Hello.

Just did a baaaaad thing.

I bought one of those 96mb ram chips on ebay... installed it, and my pb 2400
started up fine. Saw the extra ram. Was running fine. Unti li turned it
off...

it was the first time i have taken the pb apart and was very careful and
followed instructions I found online... When I have installed the ram and
assembled the pb I noticed the the keyboard looked a bit crooked. I pressed
slightly on it and this is when i think my problems started. I had failed to
slide the keyboard into those little slots on top of the ram memory holder.
It was on top and pressing it...

Next time I tried to start the pb after shutdown it was completely dead.
After a while a noticed the green light... fear fear fear. But ok, i went
online on another computer and found instructions on how to break out if it.
After about 100 resets and PRAM resets the way instructed I got it back up
and running. But only bit by bit. Every time it would start up a little bit
more and a little bit more after each restart.

After 6 hours it was running normally and I could shut down completely and
start up with out a problem.

Left it off overnight. Next morning it was dead again. After 2 hours I got
it back up to speed again. Reinstalled the OS. Just to see if that was the
problem. Tried to leave it off for an hour. Same thing. Dead.

Anyone had the same problem? Could it be that I pressed the keyboard and
broke something?

I have had the battery taken out all the time. Should I put it in? Is there
some internal little battery I can replace?

Need help. Need my little powerbook   :)

Thankful for any advice.

Stefan