[Duo2400] Re: GLOD survey:

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 20:00:25 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/19/2003 7:53:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, t.seid at comcast.net writes:

> I have had in my possession over the years at least 5 2400's...some stock,
> no upgrades, and with either Newer or Vimage upgrades...ALL
> have GLODED over
> time...

Could someone out there in Petite-Powerbook land please clue a feller' in on ... GLOD?

Why do some powerbook models seem to be prone to this "disease?" more so than others?

I have used Powerbooks since my Duo 210 in '94, and have JUST IN THE PAST MONTH moved up to a PPC(!), using a 280c for many years. I have had problems with PRAM batteries checking out on me, but a replacement was all it needed...

Which Powerbooks get this GLOD to the extent that the motherboard needs replacing? And Why?

Thanks...

Craig W.