[Duo2400] Fred Glod report

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Thu Aug 21 21:03:39 PDT 2003

Hmm apples to apples(no pun intended), that means you got a four or
five year old PC laptop, back then? Let's see, I guess that means
you're running DOS or Win95 and all that really good MS software from
the mid-90s?

Personally that's why I like my 2400, it doesn't take up so much room
in my bed when we are being intimate..... ;-)

Fred, post the details of the fuse install, or weblink to the
archived messages, preferably with pictures. I'd like to include the
info on mac2400.

>Fred Toronto.  I have a stock machine and got a Glod.  But I had a frayed
>power cord that I believe it caused a surge. I have written a few time on
>this list that my Glod was fixed buy installing a micro fuse on the power
>board in less than one hour and a $1 for the part.  However, the sensitivity
>of this machine makes me reluctant to use it for anything other than a
>spare. I switched to a PC laptop two years ago and don't have half the
>functional problems that I got on Apple systems and I have saved a lot of
>money on software.  Sad, but I just want to use the computer and not become
>intimate with it.
>
>Fred

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.