Browser crashes

Marc also at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 16 15:37:23 PST 2003

>I've been having a problem with my browser crashing on
>my Duo 2300c with OS 7.5.5. I have both Internet
>Explorer and iCab, and both work for a bit, then give
>me a "bus exception error" and crash.

Peter,

I have been having some problems with crashes and use the same two browsers.

Your post caught my eye, something I've been suffering, too, though
slightly different setup...

     2400
     OS 8.6
     ME 5.1.5
     Eudora 5.1
     iCab 2.9 (previously 2.8.1)

     CarbonLib 1.6
     MRJ  2.2.5

In a big attempt to sort this out once and for all, jiggled things
about... I want to point at one of my favourite applications as the
culprit - iCab.

Though such a favourite that refuse to give up using it. So just
living with the odd crash.

But can't claim this definitively.

Unless someone has a brilliant solution, only advice I can offer is
trashing the "MacTCP DNR" file out of the system folder whenever
things get a bit unstable, and quiting from iCab whenever I have
finished using it.

My two bits.

Marc