[Duo2400] How to get files on/off this thing?

Helen Ross helen at koan.de
Mon Feb 24 03:49:13 PST 2003

My advice would be to use a duodock. If you have documents to transfer between PC and MAC I find that the most successful thing is to compress the files into an
archive (I use zip) or else things can get a bit mangled.

Alternatively
I have successfully connected to a PC and a Psion with a program called Zterm1.0.1 at the Mac end and a standard terminal at the other end. To do this you need to
make up a cable that will connect to the Mac serial port and the PC serial port. Have a search on the internet to look for the cable wiring. Look at this site
http://www.geocities.com/lucanlord/  which is based on getting a Psion to talk to the mac but is fairly applicable for PC to Mac.
I made up the required cable and although it is very slow for transfers it is possible.
Of course the first problem is how to get the terminal program on to the duo, but since you say you have a modem hopefully you can get on line to download it or else
ask some friendly person with a older mac to transfer it using appletalk.

I was in your situation a while back when my duo harddrive corrupted and I had no way to get the OS back on to the machine. I bought a Duo Dock at this point!
Helen