[Duo2400] Re: duo 230 battery

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Wed Feb 26 06:06:26 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/25/03 6:51:24 PM, macdan at comcast.net writes:

>Here's an interesting item for those looking to build a battery pack,
>apparently one _can_ solder tabs onto batteries:

Just say "no."  You <<may>>get lucky, but you may not.  I don't try it
anymore, even tho I have a radio pack which contains soldered cells and which
works fine.  However, I've seen my techs ruin many a cell by trying to solder
to it.  Fast is the operative word...but just get tabbed cells, or tear apart
an RC battery pack for the high cap cells.

BTW, Sanyo and Panasonic are now selling 2000 mAh cells....in the AA format.
These would be interesting to try in a Type II or III case.

Cheers!
Andrew