airline adapters

ELN/rlf9 rlf9 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 24 14:43:50 PST 2003

>From: Donald McCaig <McCaig at va.tds.net>
>Subject: [Duo2400] Re: airline adapters
>
>Dear Gurus,
>The estimable Mr. Mawyer asked, "I'm thinking about getting an airline
>power adapter for an upcoming
>trip."
>
>Do any of you frequent fliers know hoe to find out if you will travel on
>planes with power? Which do, which don't or is it an airline thing or do they
>only have them in 1st?
>							Donald McCaig

A couple of years ago I needed power on a flight from SF to Boston. I
called around and this one airline (maybe United) told me that in
addition to First, all their Business Class seats had power too. I
splurged, yet when I sat down in my cushy Business seat I discovered
there was no power for me after all. I raised a ruckus about
misrepresentation and the like, but to no avail really. Found out they
don't know, or care, what's what in their own damn planes. I would doubt
there's a list, but it's a great idea to compile one. Any volunteers?

Bob F