[Duo2400] Problems with 2300c

Impmon impmon at tds.net
Sat Jan 25 18:54:21 PST 2003

> 1) I can't get the Duo 2300c to go into SCSI Disk mode with either a
> E-Machines EtherDock or a Lapis SCSI dock.   My Duo 280 goes into SCSI
Disk
> mode just fine on both of these docks.  The 2300c has a 1.1G IDE drive:
> could that be the problem?

I believe the SCSI disk mode only works when you have a SCSI drive inside
but since you have IDE drive, that won't work.  You could replace that with
SCSI drive but finding 2.5" SCSI drive bigger than 500MB would be a miracle.

> 2)  Using the ethernet connection on the E-Machines EtherDock, the
ethernet
> "hangs" after a little while.  Tiny file transfers can sometimes work OK,
> but any file larger than a meg or so causes the ethernet to freeze.  I've
> only been able to reboot to get out of it.

I remember somewhere that 2300 can't handle ethernet docks gracefully,  You
probably will need a large desktop dock and an Ethernet nubus card
installed.

> 3) Does anyone know of a cheap source for large memory upgrades for the
Duo
> 2300c?  I'd like to have more than the 20M eg that came with this 2300c.

eBay's probably the best bet.  I've picked up an used 280c wich had a huge
28MB module for $30.

> 4) Does anyone know of a source for an Asante NetDock?

Other than eBay, sorry no.