Shipping question

Impmon impmon at tds.net
Mon Jan 27 23:32:44 PST 2003

I need to ship my spare 280c and power supply to my brother but I'd need to
know the safe way to shipp it.  I live in Michigan where temps have been
hovering near zero (about -15 to -20 C) for the past 2 weeks (Monday morning
was especially bad with the temp near -10 F or -23 C for you metric fans and
I'm worried the extreme cold may ruin the LCD.

I don't know how long it would be before my brother actually recieves it as
he lives in an apartment and works odd hours (he's also in Michigan but in
slightly warmer Ann Arbor).  I could have it send with signature required so
the P.O. would hold it instead of trying to cram it inside the outdoor
mailboxes.

PS just for insurance purpose, how much would APple charge for a new color
LCD display should P.O. manage to break the old one?  I'd probably collect
and buy something newer and send my other 280c to my brother.