Media Vision portable CD-ROM

Milton Lukins Milton at MiltonLukins.com
Fri Jul 4 00:49:00 PDT 2003

I inherited a Media Vision Reno "Portable CD for Notebooks".  Came with an
AC power supply, a SCSI cable, and a 25 to 30 pin SCSI adapter and the
original invoice from Corporate Systems Center in Sunnyvale, CA.  A page
from a magazine or catalog in the box says it doubles as an audio CD player
which tested good.

I plugged it into a Duo Dock first and then a Duo Dock II.  Always the same
result in either dock.  Sometimes it shows up in the profiler but that's it.

There are two SCSI outputs.   Am I missing a needed external terminator?

There is a wheel to set the SCSI ID but I don't see an on/off switch for
internal termination.

The magazine sheet says something about extra software needed to use it with
a Mac.  Would this indicate that I need something other than "Apple CD-ROM"?
On the invoice
there was no mention of software which was a $19 extra.
Maybe it is just broke but considering the source that isn't likely.

Has anyone seen one before.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Has