[Duo2400] Re: Duo internal modem VS DuoDock modem?

Edgar Peinelt edgarpeinelt at usa.net
Tue Jul 15 18:33:13 PDT 2003

>> It is my understanding that the modem port in the Duo Dock is a
>> pass-through modem, an "extension," to use your word, that requires a
>> modem in the Duo to be present (and functioning).
>
> Im not sure.  There is a snap on modem card on the dock motherboard.

The DuoDock manual says it's a pass-through modem jack, i.e you need to have
a modem in the Duo. The only add-on modem "card" on the dock's board I know
of is a DAA - an adapter with international miniDin-8 jack, needed to
"localize" your modem e.g. in Europe.

> I would guess there is not an e-net controller on the Duo.  Big geek
> points if you could get ethernet on a duo without an external dock
> though.
>
> Mad Dog

Asante's EN/SC device is the smallest external e-net controller. I doubt it
that you could transplant its basic components to the interior of a Duo.
Would be nice though.

Edgar