[Duo2400] 2400 control strip

Grizzlygiant grizzlygiant1 at stic.net
Tue Jul 29 14:20:16 PDT 2003

Donald McCaig wrote:

> Dear Gurus.
>         I've just put a 40G hd and 112 memory into my NuPower 2400., etc.
>         My problem is the control strip in both 8.6 and 9.1. When I shut
> down or restart most of the time the computer freezes or delivers a message
> warning me about the control strip extension. Etc. I can do that but I like the control strip.
>
>                                         Donald McCaig
Hello Donald:

This _may_ help:

When I tried using 7.6.1 on my 2300c, I couldn't get the control strip
hard disk spin down to work.  I went to 8.1 and it works properly.  My
suggestion is to reinitialize and remove 7.6.1 and stay with 8.6 and
9.1.  However, throwing away preferences (control strip, Finder, etc.)
and clearing PRAM is always the _first_ thing you should do.  I would
also run Norton 5.x or Disk First Aid and TechTool Pro if you have any
of them.

Sincerely yours, Grizzlygiant