dock stopped ticking; now what?

Frank Modica modicafr at cmi.k12.il.us
Tue Jul 29 17:52:11 PDT 2003

I've been using a duo dock with my 2300 for several months, and it had been
ticking loudly the whole time. However, I put up with it because I needed
the dock to network the duo with my other computers. I"ve assumed that the
ticking was the dreaded "tick of death," and my dock was living on borrowed
time.

 Several days ago the ticking briefly accelerated and then completely
stopped. Whenever I've used the dock since then I've had blessed silence.
No problems networking with other computers either using a crossover cable
or a hub with regular cables.  What a relief. Is something terrible lurking
around the corner or did I just luck out?

Frank C. Modica
501 E. Green St.
Urbana, IL. 61802 USA
1-217-367-4133