[Duo2400] PowerBook 2400 craze in Japan

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Wed Jul 30 21:01:35 PDT 2003

Chris, the 2400 was pretty much created for the Japanese market and
only a few machines were actually sold in the states.  How many is a
few?....we'd all like to know.

While mac2400 has links to a few of the original Japanse sites, like
everything else, the web changes over time. With a little help from
Google and Babelfish you probably can deduce the activity level over
there.  All the neat upgrades definitely came from there, e.g.,
keyboards, 96MB DIMMs, Interware G3, etc.

The latest rumors of the 1" thick, G4/12" with PC card slot and 2GB
memory limit have me all spun up again...I expect folks in Japan will
find it just as appealing.
http://www.macosrumors.com/

We use to have a few listers in Japan, maybe they'll speak-up.

Cheers...

>Hello!
>
>Does anyone know if the PowerBook 2400 still has a 'fanatic'  following in
>Japan? I keep bumping into articles across the web that talks about the
>2400's loyal following, however, most of those articles are from 1999.
>
>With the new PowerBook 12" and PC sub-notebooks from Sony that are no less
>than amazing (Sony PCG-U101), I wonder if many have moved on from the
>beloved 2400...
>
>-Chris

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><DuoList-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.
><DuoList-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>----------
>Dr. Bott  | 10/100 Ethernet for your 2400 is finally here!
>MPC-100   | <http://www.drbott.com/prod/mpc100.html>
>
>   RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler
>   CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>
>
>Midwest Mac Parts  ][  <http://www.midwestmac.com>
>After-market parts  for Macs.   ][  888-356-1104 ][
>
>MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879!
>Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.