[Duo2400] Do I Buy This 2400?

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Wed Mar 12 19:34:48 PST 2003

>Hi All,
>
>I'm looking to buy a friend's 2400 but there are three problems:
>
>1. It does not come out of sleep mode,

See previous discussion about GLOD and Sidney's article on mac2400
for possible resolution. If you're friend can't get it restarted, I'd
pass.  Even if he does it may fail more consistently again.

>2. The battery is dead &

Expensive and hard to find. $250 or so new.

>3. It does not come with an external floppy drive

These show up on eBay periodically and if you have net access you can
probably work around it for data transfer.

I don't know about Oz, but since working 2400s are running around
$200-300 on the list and eBay I'm not sure it's worth much to you,
unless you can get it started and just want an AC based Internet
terminal.

>Are these major problems? Can I buy batteries/floppy drives? Help from
>anyone would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>
>Rob
>(Australia)

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.