[Duo2400] Upgrades - Newer G3 card, hardrive, memory and cardbus

Ralph Mawyer mac2400 at satx.rr.com
Tue May 27 16:09:50 PDT 2003

>Hi,
>
>I have a 2400c and a number of upgrade parts to install. I have a few
>questions though:
>
>1. Where can I get a manual and the software for the Newer G3 / 512 card?

Somebody from the list will mail the driver to you. ;-)

>2. Is it better to upgrade with a 5400 or 4200 rpm hardrive?

4200 is cheaper.  I'd opt for the 4200 as it probably runs a bit
cooler and heat is going to be an issue since you are adding a Newer
G3,

>3. Where can I get detailed instructions for upgrading the HD, memory and
>cardbus?

Try <http://www.sineware.com/mac2400>
Memory is easy, first layer of parts.
HD and G3 card require you go all the way in.
Cardbus is a toss-up, depending on which logic board you have, it may
just be clipping a wire or two...or it may not be possible at all.

>4. What tools are necessary?

Small screwdriver, strip of tape to hold the screws in the order they
are removed.....and lots of patience.

Ralph Mawyer, Jr.
San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.