FS: dead Duo2300c, minidock, floppy+adapt

Dan Coleman dcoleman at pdx.edu
Sat Nov 8 22:23:49 PST 2003

Hi- Thought I'd offer this to Duo listers first before LEM swap. My 2300c
died and after 5 years of using Duos, I'm moving on. This list helped me
figure out problems several times- thanks!

Duo 2300c 1.1 GB, 40 meg RAM, w/ duo 14.4 modem, 18 month old Fedco
electronics "Type IV" battery which will run the computer for approx. 1
hour, brand new PRAM battery from Donny Monk, AC adapter. Case is very
clean- looks like a new computer, screen is very good, all keys good on
keyboard. I did break the tab that holds the case together inside the
battery bay, but when a battery is snapped in it holds it together. I never
used the modem, so untested. I bought the computer 2 years ago on Ebay and
it had OS 9.2 on it which I left on it.

Problem started with computer not waking up from sleep, difficult starting.
Changed PRAM, still had problems. Worsened- would only start after having
PRAM unplugged for several hours, would die suddenly. I don't think it is
the hard drive, or the power adapter (sometimes start up from battery,
sometimes adapter, battery seemed to charge as normal when it would start
up), memory is securely seated. Seems like a hardware power management
problem (?). Obviously, sold as is.

Anyhow you could fix it or it has lots of good parts.  $40 + $15 UPS ground

Apple minidock M7780  Everything always worked on this. $15 + $5 UPS ground

Duo floppy drive with adapter, $10 + $5 UPS ground

3 dead Duo batteries- 2 type III, one type I (I'll throw these in with any
of the other items if anybody wants them).

Buy everything for $55 plus $20 for UPS ground (I'd probably still need to
use 2 boxes as I have a box for the computer but its not too big).

I'm in 97201 in case a buyer is local and could save shipping. My ebay ID is
dan_sheri2003  Thanks- Dan