Viability of a 2400

Parkblue parkblue at gmx.net
Thu Oct 16 16:14:17 PDT 2003

John,

I can answer only part of your post, and even that only incomplete. Regard
this as one piece in a large mosaic:

I recently bought an iBook to replace my 2400 for various reasons, and I'm
very happy with it. However, I - like many other listas I believe - decided
afterwards to keep my 2400:
* one doesn't get a terrible amount of money when selling it, perhaps
$200-$250 for a stock version if I'm correct
* it runs (different than my iBook) 8.6, which seems much better than 9.2.2
(not comparing with X of course)
* for word processing and email a 2400 will work just _fine_. I even use
Photoshop 3.0.5 on it from time to time
* Glod is a problem and has hit me too. DT&T charged me approx. $180 for a
motherboard replacement. Another thing that can go haywire is the HD.

Based on those 2 cents and the input from Duo listers much more
knowledgeable than me you'll come to your own conclusions. Since your is not
working properly it may come down to a numbers-game.

Good luck in any case,
-tobias.