[Duo2400] Re: 2300c Start up Problems

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 06:14:21 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/25/03 5:46:57 PM, morrow.edwin at sympatico.ca writes:

<< So, how do I disassemble my 230 to have a look inside?

Thanks,
Ed >>

First, take a large hammer.......

Set it to one side (that is "just in case" and to let the Duo know you're
serious!)

Remove the battery, slide off the end caps from the display (careful here).

Undo the Torx screws from the bottom of the case.  This will release the
keyboard (don't let it flop out, it can tear the cable).  Remove the keyboard
(remember to release the latches on the connector first...they just slide
upwards).  If you wish to continue from this point, remove the small caps over the
feet (they just pry off) and remove the two Torx screws holding on the feet.
Don't lose the washers, they're curved to allow the feet to "snap" into place.
I normally pull the whole back assy. off at this point.

Disconnect the screen cable, and make sure the ferrite bead filter on the
cable is unstuck from the upper case. Next, (pause to collect thoughts...I'm at
work, don't have the Duo with me)......disconnect the PRAM batt and trackball
cables, just in case.

IIRC, at this point, I normally flex the back part of the case to release the
clips on the side.  Getting the front open is the toughest, as you can break
the clips on the front rather easily.  I tend to "wiggle" the case upper until
it releases.....the clips should slid apart and allow the upper case to
release.

Anyone care to chime in with more info?  Oh, yea.  Put the hammer back up, or
hit a PC with it.

Andrew