Excel 5.0 problem

wayne ingalls ingallsw at frontiernet.net
Sun Feb 15 20:00:49 PST 2004

Art wrote about his Excel problem:

> Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to correct
> this problem?

I have another idea for you - if you haven't tried removing
your preference files for Excel, maybe that will take care
of the problem without forcing you to reinstall.

Look in your System Folder / Preferences Folder for any
files that either have "Excel" or "Microsoft Excel" in the
name. Move them out of the Preferences folder to
another location, like a temporary folder on your desktop.
You should do this while Excel isn't running. You probably
don't have to reboot your computer after moving them,
but it won't hurt to do so.

If Excel starts up OK with the preference files removed,
you can safely trash them. If it doesn't work, you can
always put them back again.

Someone else thought that VBA isn't supported on the
Mac. That is most definitely incorrect - I have done quite
a bit of VBA programming in Excel and I do it exclusively
on my Macs. There is a possibility that the PC file you
received calls PC only functions and/or that VBA is not
installed on your Duo.

hope this helps,
-wayne