More Ethernet questions

Robert JA Basilio Jr. b at ourcouch.org
Fri Jan 30 17:51:35 PST 2004

on 1/30/04 8:23 PM, Duo/2400 List at DuoList at lists.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> You don't have ethernet right now, correct? That being the case I would use
> a serial cable and hook directly to the printer/modem port of your non-usb
> mac (assuming you have one). Got a usb to serial adapter?

Thanks, Carlson. Am doing that right now ‹ transferring docs from my Mystic
Color Classic (which has ethernet) over to the 2400 through the serial
connection. And no, I don't have a USB to serial adapter.

> You might be able to pick up an old Apple bootable CD drive for cheap. My
> emergency start-up floppy has the disk tools and the cd driver on it so you
> can boot from floppy and read the CD drive. That's what you might want on
> your CF card.

How big a CF drive should I have? Would 8MB suffice?

Thanks for the replies but I am still stumped as to why I can't connect my
PB through Ethernet.

Robert