Cardbus success!

Greg 2400C at retrotechpost.com
Wed Jun 2 21:06:48 PDT 2004

I just successfully modified my "Type III" 2400C for CardBus (the
newest Comet motherboard with no yellow jumpers). I used the MCE
technique and hacked Apple USB drivers from Andrew Kershaw's AlkSoft
site after an evening of frustration trying to find stock Apple USB
software that would load on a 2400C.

I must say that this operation is not for the sqeamish. Also, OS8.6 is
much more stable and forgiving for CardBus than OS 9. If any listers
would like me to perform the surgery, I'll be happy to do so for $100
plus shipping. I can also perform other surgery (like fuse diagnoisis
and replacement) and software upgrades as well (by quotation).

Here's the software link. THANKS ANDREW!!!

<http://homepage.mac.com/alk/personal/stuff.html>

--
Greg G
2400C at retrotechpost.com