[Duo2400] Re: Farallon ethernet driver

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Sun May 23 11:59:06 PDT 2004

>on 04.5.21 6:56 PM, Edgar Peinelt at edgarpeinelt at usa.net was reported to
>have writen:
>
>  > Lars,
>>  point your browser to
>>  http://www.macdrivermuseum.com/network.shtml
>>  - they have the links you need.
>>  Do you really have a dock without ethernet interface? I think even the
>>  original dock came with it. Installing a card provides no real advantage
>>  over the built-in EN (except when you connect two 100Mbps cards) but it can
>  > give you a lot of troubles (take it from me).

One reason for putting an Ethernet Card in instead of using the built
in Ethernet interface is to reduce the clutter of of the AAUI
transceiver.  I've done this on a number of machines that only have
AAUI.  It's trivial but I have plenty of Ethernet NuBus cards.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA