[DuoList] Duo 230 Battery rebuild

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 13:03:24 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/1/04 3:53:34 PM, izabella.misiewiczsantos at neostrada.pl
writes:

<< This leads me to my question.
Is it possible to rebuild these batteries? Do any of you have
experience with this? >>

Hello, Alex.  Yes, it is possible to rebuild the batteries.  The Type I
batteries use standard "tabbed" AA cells (this refers to the size of the battery,
the tabs are used to connect the cells with a soldering iron) and the Type II
and III batteries use 4/5ths A cells.  Sanyo makes such cells, and you can
check locally at electronics shops to see who carries such cells.  One suggestion
is, if you have a Type I battery, to use the RC car battery packs...most of
these are NiMH cells, around 1800 mAH and can be used to replace the cells in
the Duo pack with some soldering work.

The 4/5ths "A" cells are a bit harder to come by...I order mine from a US
company at www.batteriesamerica.com.  I cut the packs apart using a Dremel tool
and reglue them with a urethane adhesive.  Battery life is quite good when usi
ng the higher capacity cells.

Cheers;
Andrew