Fwd: Re: [DuoList] External CD-ROM drivers or maybe something more simple...

Art Rice artrice66 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 08:39:28 PDT 2004

Here my comment in plain text-I forgot and sent it in
color and graphics the first time.

Art Rice <artrice66 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>From a previous discussion about non-Apple CD drives,
someone made this comment:

You need the "Apple CD-ROM 5.3.1" extension which is
easily found
online.
Then you should be able to use your non-Apple player
all the way
through 9.2.2.
So if searching for 5.1.3 doesn't work, try 5.3.1.

Art in silicon valley

mariner at mts.net wrote:
I believe the last "universal" CD driver Apple
released
was version 5.1.3. I'm sure if you google around a bit

you might fiind a site to download it.

Andy