[DuoList] 230

ElBrio at aol.com ElBrio at aol.com
Sat Oct 30 10:51:52 PDT 2004

In a message dated 10/30/2004 11:42:01 AM Eastern Standard Time,
morrow.edwin at sympatico.ca writes:

>  However, I can't figure out how to get into
>  this thing!!!  I took the srews out of the back to remvoe the
>  keyboard, and I pulled the rubber strip off one side thnking it
>  hid screws or something, but I can get to top off or the screen.
>  Any hints on how to get into this thing!?!?!  If I haven't
>  destroyed it, the dock for $30 sounds pretty cool.  Ah, my
>  weekend project. :-)
Heh....puzzle time!  Pull the keyboard & battery, undo the screen cable, pop
off the hinge covers (tubular covers...they slide off) and remove the rear
feet (covers pop off...screws and washers are special, don't lose them and keep
the screw covers separate, as they indicate the ports) and display to allow the
upper cover to come loose.  I normally just remove the screen and back cover
when I take mine apart.  The back cover sort of "rotates" up if the screen is
off (and watch out for the screen cable...easy to tear) and lets the back of
the upper cover lift up.  Do NOT try to prise the front open..it will just
damage the case.  Watch out on the front right, as there are hidden clips which
are easily broken.  Check inside the battery compartment, on the inside is one
clip...this will allow the left side to open, then I sort of wiggle the case to
get the top cover off.  On a 2300, you need to use great caution, as anyone
who has torn the cable from the trackpad to the logic can confirm!

Hope this helps....

Andrew