[DuoList] How do YOU pilot a 2300?

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Thu Apr 28 09:24:32 PDT 2005

     As mentioned before, I've gone from a 2300 that was sold as parts
to swapping out a few things, finding a few parts, and now it is a 2300
with max ram and 40g hard drive.

	I run System OS 8.6 on it, and have been able to fun some simple
applications to make certain functions work, like MP3s.  Was using
WinAmp Mac (beta) which worked fine till I got the new hard drive and a
fresh install of the OS.  Now I use MacAmp.  Seems to work ok.
	I've been told iTunes 1.1 will work under 8.6 with a installer
patch, but that patch seems to very difficult to find.  (At least a link
that still works.)

	But for those out there with 2300's, what do you use on the
computer?  What kinda of MP3 player, browser, etc.  And what do you use
to get the best performance and speed out of it?  (I have Speed Doubler
2 so far.)

	Thanks!