[DuoList] Best OS for 2400?

Gene Osburn mac4gman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 12:58:28 PST 2005

Hi Joseph,

> Which OS gives the 2400 the best speed & performance? (ie when does
> the OS upgrade factor begin showing the limits of even a fully
> upgraded machine or what OS upgrades result in the need for Houdini
> style tactics to load on a 2400 etc.)
>
> The 2400 I recently purchased has 8.1 loaded on it.

OS 8.1 isn't bad for the 2400, but the selection of browsers is very
thin.  The 2400 will be *VERY* nimble with 8.1, but I'd say which OS
you use depends largely on which apps you intend to use most.  Overall,
OS 8.6 is the most feature-rich for "RAM-challenged" Macs although 9.1
is also a good choice if you know how to trim it down....

Gene Osburn
Common sense...isn't