[DuoList] 2400c Cardbus modification / execution! :-(

coccorp at aol.com coccorp at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 09:55:12 PDT 2005

Hi gang...

Ever have one of those moments when, in trying to make something that works JUST FINE a little bit BETTER....you end up wistfully reminiscing how GREAT it USED TO WORK when it was "just" FINE?!?!

>:-\

Boy, HOW I USED to love the way my 2400c would TURN ON when I pressed the start button...! Why I was SOOoooo adamant that it have USB is (now) a mystery to me!

Enough venting... last night, I attempted to modify my 2400c to use cardbus; my mobo is the one with the two yellow wires on top; I lifted each wire up on one side of its solder into the board...

....and now, I have GLOD. Pressing the reset button alternatively gives me one of two symptoms:
-a faint electric "click" without the green light; nothing else; or,
-no "click" and the G.L.O.D. green light

I have tried the "40-second, no battery reset" hold, with AC adapter and w/o. Nothing can un-GLOD me.

And suggestions short of reattaching the two wires? Have not tried that yet as I am still hoping for a remedy that will provide me with a justification for the costs already incurred - I call it my "not withdrawing the troops" rationale...

Thanks,

Craig W.
Atlanta GA