[DuoList] Wireless options for 2400c?

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 14:33:58 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/3/05 12:36:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
briang113 at pacbell.net writes:

Inserting the cardbus card will not damage the 2400. It just won't
work, you may have to manually eject it.

The mod is not that  complex, a select few of the comets came cardbus
from the factory, but  they are few and far between.

When inserting a cardbus card into a non-cardbus 2400c (or 3400c or  Kanga?),
would it even be recognized on the desktop?

Or would it just simply not work?

I am interested in this to find out why my 2400c/320 seems to draw more
power than two other 2400c's I recently sold. Batteries I had as spares, that
read as having :40 min. - :60 minutes in my 2400c/320, read as 1.5 hours  and
up(!) in the two other 2400c's I recently sold...

...and that was BEFORE & AFTER I added the 320mhz Vimage G3 card to it.
Before, as a 2400c/180, it still did the same thing w/ the batteries.

Our fellow lister Mad "Dawg" suggested that my Power Management might be
funky; I reset it and it seems to be okay...

So anyway(!) I suspect that my 2400c may be cardbus modified, IF that would
change the power consumption rate...

Craig W.