[DuoList] Wireless options for 2400c?

Chris Jenkins chris_jenkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 3 17:12:31 PST 2005

Allow me to explain the situation for some clarification.
    Cardbus is simply a faster 32-bit version of PCMCIA.  That is ALL.
There are 3 kinds of PC Cards, whether they be 16-bit or 32-bit
(cardbus).  Type I and II cards are the standard size and will
physically fit inside any laptop with a PC Card slot.  Type III cards
are double the thickness of standard cards and will only fit into
machines with a compatible slot.  Machines that have 2 slots are
advertised as having (2)TypeI/TypeII Slots or (1) Type III.   If you
insert a 32-bit(cardbus) card into a 16-bit slot it will do no physical
damage whatsoever.  It simply will not work.  Some cards can autosense
which type of slot they are in to function in either.  You can get a
non-cardbus wireless card that will function in older Mac laptops, but
yoou need to make sure it will do so before buying.

C Jenkins
Multi-Com, Inc.