[DuoList] Duo Hack Idea] Tablet Duo

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Mon Mar 28 09:21:09 PST 2005

      I am thinking of the possibilities of a Tablet Duo.  The idea is
to take a Duo I can get cheaply, like a Duo 230, and rather than having
a clamshell design, make a tablet (ala TRS-80 Model 100) with the screen
on top and the keyboard underneath.  Track ball off to the side of the
monitor.

      I will need a Duo with the smallest screen... I believe in the end
it will be a skinnier than normal, and also longer... sticking out of
the Duo dock by several inches.

      Here is the main question I have in this hack... and it may be
sometime before I try this, but how does the latch/sleep idea work?
That is the only thing that concerns me, since this could be interesting
not only on the go, but the new design might be confusing when time to
dock as well.

Greg Goodwin