[DuoList] Internal SCSI on Duos

Paul Nelson artworks at victoria.tc.ca
Sat May 21 10:12:47 PDT 2005

At 1:15 AM -0500 5/21/05, Grizzlygiant wrote:
>You might be looking for a 2.5" to 3.5" SCSI adapter.  I found them for $15
>on eBay about 2 years ago using "2.5 inch to 3.5 inch SCSI" or "2.5 inch
>SCSI"  for search terms.
>
>You might also want to check out the 500 MB and 1 GB RAM (yes, RAM) SCSI
>notebook drives with a Google search on the net.
>
>The notebook SCSI standard (40 pin) was something that Apple and IBM both
>used.  Don't know about others.  All SCSI PowerBooks seem to have used them.

	If he wants to put a drive into a Duo Dock (as your first paragraph
implies), it would be idiotic to use a powerbook drive instead of the 3.5
drive for which it's built.
	The 1 gig  "SCSI" drives are NOT SCSI, but are an IDE drive with an
attached adapter.  The largest real SCSI drive was 800 MB,  AFAIK.
Paul Nelson